Monday, August 31, 2015

AUTOMATIC FINISHING WALLS


So a friend of mine had to create the finish in the bathrooms for some hotel project.
He asked me if this could be somehow automated.
Actually for the given task the Dynamo definition did exactly what we needed.
 How does it work:
 1. We need to have the rooms named.
 2. We need to have the wall type for the finish created.
 3. We type part of the name of the rooms we need
(actually this can be done with another parameter of the room if it is more convenient)
 4. We choose the wall type, the level and the height. We also choose the walls that we'll want joined to the finish walls.

There is a little Python script involved, though.
First I needed it to convert the curves from Revit lines to curves.
This works only in Dynamo 0.75. In dynamo 0.81 it's not even necessary and I don't have a clue why.
Then to join the walls I use another simple python script.



6 comments :

  1. Hello,

    Thank you for the post. Which packages contains the "Name of room" & "Wall to join" nodes?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. where is the node lunchbox??? I can't find it. Please help me.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a package, not a node. You should add it at "Search for a package..."

      Delete
  3. Hi,

    I have some problem with python script, can u please help me brother
    Warning:
    IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed.
    expected an indented block

    ReplyDelete